Senior Renewable Application Developer
Centrica has started a strategic program of modernise the PPA Trading Platform within its trading division EM&T. Scope of this program, will be to buildout a platform for PPA contract capture, end to end Asset management, portfolios Risk and PnL management and full contract Life Cycle Management. This will include designing and implementing a greenfield platform for both standard and structured PPAs, streaming of Risk and PnL data from Quant model and ETRM systems, manage the renewable certificates inventory and provide right level of transparency regarding PPA production data, invoicing etc through a fresh new build out of our customer portal.
Ideal candidate will have prior experience working on energy trading business and a solid understanding of the PPA contract lifecycle and related dataflow. Understanding of Risk, PnL and quantitative analysis will be a plus
Responsibilities of the position:
- Working with the analysts in an agile environment to deliver all project outcomes
- Ensure all requirements are captured for PPA contracts and its pricing terms
- Align the platform design with the strategic goal of Digital PPA offering
- Excellent knowledge of workflow/task setup and quantitative pricing models regarding complex options
- Designing and knowhow of certificates inventory management
- Adhering to the strict process of design and architecture and presenting to the Architecture forum
- Managing and maintaining the internal release process.
- Developing, designing and supporting the platform buildout
Must have/Should have
- At least 10+ years of experience as Full Stack Engineer
- Have prior experience working in a Trading environment in any of the other asset classes e.g., Equities, Rate, FX, Fixed Income etc.
- Expert in working on a cloud native environment
- Experience in low latency, high frequency trading platform buildout would be a huge advantage
- Ability to guide and mentor junior developers in the team wherever required
- Experience working in large volume of data, Risk and PnL data for Front Office Trading
- C# (experience with the latest language features would be a plus)
- Unit testing and automated testing in general
- Angular, WPF
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- RabbitMQ, Serilog, Humio
- GitLab, Jenkins and Octopus
- MSSQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- Have prior experience working on MT (Meta Trading) platform
- ETRM Experience
- Worked in broker dealer quote platform
- Worked in providing trading analytics software for price forecasting and commodities demand projection
- Good understanding of Linear Programming and Optimization
Working at Centrica
As a developer, you will be a part of a skilled Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team in our IT development department, which consists of more than 70 colleagues. You can look forward to a diverse role where you will work with different sorts of technologies and development tasks with focus on software development in C# .NET and automated tests to enable continuous delivery.
At Centrica Energy Trading we embrace change. Requirements may change daily, and we deliver several new versions of our software every day. Thanks to a micro-service architecture, continuous delivery, and close cooperation with our in-house customers, we get immediate feedback which is as rewarding as it is challenging.
We recognize that a career in Software Development requires continuous learning. We engage our employees in Guilds driving both technical innovation, process improvements and social activities. Our Skills Guild drive learning activities such as Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions, and our Social and Work Life Guild drive frequent social events such as department events, Friday Bars etc. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities – ranging from Foosball tournaments to LAN Parties – bringing in people from the entire Aalborg or Copenhagen office.