Senior Market Risk Analyst
Are you interested in joining a growing multinational business and taking a central role in one of Europe’s leading renewable energy trading companies?
Centrica Energy Trading is a leading European renewable energy trading powerhouse, and one of only a few major actors in the energy trading business today that both manages renewable assets and executes energy trading at large scales simultaneously. With +13 GW of renewable power under management and +7.4 million trades completed in 2021, we’re a unique player positioned in an exciting industry with the ambitions and capabilities to push the green transition forward.
We are recruiting for a Senior Market Risk Analyst who will Confidently analyse and monitors market risk, and recommend market risk measurement methodologies, processes and policies whilst having close daily interaction with the front office and business units across the division.
Support the Head of Market Risk and Risk Managers to create a strong risk presence and promote risk discussion on the trading floor, alongside building strong relationships across the EM&T business.
The location for this role is Aalborg in North Denmark.
The Job role:
- Produces market risk reports as required and maintain awareness of principal market risks and emerging market risk issues
- Confidently answers questions relating to market risk reports
- Understands Market Risk limits and performs detailed daily monitoring of portfolios
- Reconcile and prepare commentary on movements in market risk measures, escalating emergent market risk issues to manager
- Maintain and share strong knowledge of trading portfolios and stay abreast of developments in the energy markets
- Perform ad hoc market risk analysis, using simulation based modelling and other quantitative methods
- Work with relevant business teams to implement and test new business and product frameworks. Integrate changes and deliver improvements to market risk policies, processes and systems
- Provide support to the Market Risk Manager.
- Experience in an energy trading environment and experience within market risk management is desirable
- Strong understanding of market risk management and risk methodologies such as VaR, PaR, Stress Testing and Option valuation theory
- Insight into commodity risk management issues, requiring risk diagnostics and sophisticated analysis
- Strong mathematical and modelling skills required, including developed IT skills such as advanced Excel (VBA) or a programming language (Python/MATLAB). Python experience highly desirable
- Able to work in teams with a variety of stakeholders to progress new business proposals and execute projects with complex interdependencies
- A strong independent mind in executing responsibilities alongside maintaining effective working relationships across the organisation
- Confidence, presence, resilience and determination to succeed in a dynamic and demanding business environment
- Excellent attention to detail, with good problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- Be fluent in English.
Working at Centrica Energy Trading
We’re a rapidly growing and dynamic business that understands the necessity of investment to achieve improvement. If you’ve got the willingness, ambitions, and right attitude we offer a work environment that will help you grow on a professional as well as personal level. You’ll get first-hand experience within the energy sector and within an international trading business with a proven track record and ambitious growth plan.
The team consists of different personalities and skillsets, but the fundamental principle is excelling together. We offer flexible working hours and locations alongside a positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility, and innovation with great opportunities to make your mark and influence decisions.